Thursday, April 17, 2008

Crap!

Holy crap I just had someone who knows nothing about me JUDGE me on their blog and yes she threw down the God Card! Who does that?
We have a mutual friend who has a problem, a problem that most of us have experienced at one time or another, some people are late bloomers. Instead of reaching out to us to help or just talking to our friend about the issue, she spits trash to an acquaintance pretending to be "concerned" (you know what I am talking about)! Then she throws in her blog... "some people who are supposed to be good God fearing people encourage this behavior"
WHAT????
1. We have NEVER encouraged bad behavior out of this individual, might I add ever.
2. I have never been a "cloud Christan", never claimed to be perfect, never have thrown down the God card, (I admit there have been a few times I have wanted too), and I have never claimed to be good.
3. I work really hard at trying not to judge people and yet this week I have been judged on my Christianity twice (out loud anyway)! What the crap dude, what the crap?
4. Why do I let ignorant comments get to me? I know who I am and I know my relationship with my heavenly father, what does it matter what dumb dumb :0) people think?

The worst part of this whole thing is that I fell and I fell far. Things came out of my mouth that haven't came out in LONG time, I judged and I wanted to hurt her (emotionally) I became the person that people who judge wanted me to be. Fortunately it was in the privacy of my own home and I did not take out my hurt and anger on those who I felt at the time deserved it. Now I hurt and it is not because silly people make snide remarks but because I said things that I know made my father hurt. Somehow an apology doesn't do it. Why am I so weak in times like this, I should be a stronger Christan and wait just wait and turn it over to God, let him guide me?
Right now I feel like I am struggling with things that new Christan's struggle with, things that they don't understand yet. Why why why do I have such a hard time sometimes?
Think before you speak,
Think before you react,
Just stop to think,
and WAIT,
Wait for guidance from God,
Wait for him to take the pain,
Wait before you make a rash decision.
So simple, yet so hard to apply.

4 comments:

Cari said...

Oh my goodness....been there, done that. I have such a hard time trying to figure out what my response should be to people, how do we handle judging, how long do we let someone close to us do a certain behavior even after we have told them it is wrong and they just don't seem to care. Plus, I have vented words, many times to my poor hubby, not so nice words about situations and people and how are we suppose to act. The sad thing is the people who are immersed in the world don't understand how we, people who are immersed in God, think. So, it is easy for them to judge us and call us names or think our behavior is not right, but they just don't know any better. It is really hard to not let that get to you sometimes. But, it sounds like you did much better than you think, you kept your judging behavior just inside your home and you are repenting your behavior to God...that is what He wants, He understands that we are not perfect, but we are trying. At least that is my opinion.

Scrappy Girl said...

Sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope things are better soon.

Nathan said...

Sometimes, when we are hurt, we show anger instead of pain. Anger is less vulnerable. But it also leads to actions, or words that might hurt ourselves, others, and our Creator.

It's okay to show you're hurting.

Don't be hard on yourself. You know what's in your heart. People who can't the light in you are just . . . DUMB ;o)

--V-- said...

I think before I speak, so I often find myself beating myself up over something I shouldn't have said. Rather than being so hard on myself, I should be focusing on learning from my mistakes.

I think this applies to your situation as well. We are fallable creatures. We were designed that way. The beauty of our nature is that we have the power to learn from our mistakes, to do better. Next time.