Saturday, March 29, 2008

Disgusted

I am disgusted! I went to playlist and they show play lists that are currently being updated. There was a boy. He was like 12!, and he had this crazy I'm so cool picture. I clicked on it out of curiosity for you see he most certainly was not old enough to be acting like this. His profile said I like girlz. And his most recent blog said I'm bored over and over again it was an entire paragraph. The things he wrote and the pictures were just too much for me. I clicked on his "friends" list and OMG Becky! There was a girl with WAY too much make-up on taking a "sexy" picture of herself. She was like 12 too!
Now I ask...
What is going on with these children?
Where are their parents?
Is there anybody monitoring their computer time?
What possessed them to act out this way?
I was thoroughly disgusted. It sickens me that we have kids out there playing on the Internet trying to be "kewl" and they have no idea what kind of risks they are exposing to themselves.
It is so sad that they are trying to force growing up and will never know the joys of childhood.

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. My daughter is 12 and her bus ride home is like an R rated movie (sometimes close to X). Unfortunately.

bryan vickery said...

argh! i'm with you.
preach it sista!

Cari said...

I totally agree!! You really have to pay attention to what is going on in your kid's life. I am usually wondering what kind of home life some kids have that make them what to act out like that...what kind of attention or lack of attention is there at home. I even remind my own kids to keep that in mind when they might be wondering about some other kids.