Monday, March 10, 2008

Posion Anyone?


Picture this....
A Muncie Apartment #16G, your laying there WIDE awake and wanting to cry because it is 4 A.M., now mind you time changed so you are missing an hour which adds to your distress. Work is steadily gaining on you, it is only a few short hours away before you have to arrive pristine and ready for action for 9 very l o n g hours.
Now I bet you are wondering why you are WIDE awake at 4 A.M.? Let me tell you. The yapping dog next door! No, not in the next apartment, next door as in these people live next to the complex. The hillbilly jacks live in a house with a fenced in yard and they keep their little dog on a chain in the back yard ALL THE TIME. I get up in my frustration to see if by some chance of God there is something this little demon may be barking at that I could extinguish for him, so he may sleep in peace in his plastic wrapped cage while Nathan and I lull back to dream land. And...... NOTHING. He is standing there barking at the back door. I think maybe he is cold and is tried of playing kum bi ya. Who knows!? So I lay back down and try to drown him out. It is now 4:22 A.M. and Nathan is also wanting to cry. It is not as if he is just barking down the street, oh no it sounded like he was standing at the foot of our bed. At this point I am contemplating feeding him a poison filled hotdog. Nathan said "If I don't get to sleep by 5 I am getting up and going to work" I cringed. I was determined to get some sleep. Nathan looks up the non-emergency phone number for the Muncie police and I give them a call. Hey if I'm not sleeping I might as well give someone a call. They send a police officer out to "talk" to the owners and don't ya know those suckers did not answer their door! The cop even shined her car spot light in their windows! After the cop left the horrendous barking stopped. Imagine that it must have been magic. By this time Nathan was in the shower getting ready for work, so I had the entire bed to myself. Here is to another night, hopefully full of great rest. If not I will be chatting with the grand Muncie Police Department again tonight. And by the way I was just joking about the poison. I would never do that, I really love animals. HONEST. There was a point where Nathan yelled out QUIET! I was belly laughing on that it was hilarious! In case you don't know Nathan he has a very deep voice so him yelling is a riot! LOL

5 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

I had no idea there were police numbers for non-emergency calls. I have learned something today! So did you ever get back to sleep??

Keym said...

Yes after the magic happened! It was like 4:40 a.m.! Eeew Yuck!

Coby said...

nathan's going to have to yell at youth group sometime. if it's that funny, i'm going to have to hear it sometime.

Nathan said...

DUMB DOG!!!!!! I'm still trying to catch up on my ZZZ's!!!!

Cari said...

Wonderful blog...I just today read your blog for the first time...wonderful! How horrible it is to have a barking dog in the middle of the night...I feel for you.