Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter!


Growth group was GREAT tonight. We are studying Dummies of the Bible and tonight was supposed to be about Jezebel. Brent Smith was leading and he didn't get the book so he could prepare. It actually worked out way better. We ended up learning about Easter with Resurrection Eggs!!!
I have always said that Easter was one of my least favorite holidays. Everybody gets together and does the awkward Easter dinner, children get tons of candy and praise the Easter Bunny, People go out and spend a ton on "Easter" clothes and I am usually sick, hugging the toilet while everyone else gorges themselves. Now don't go judging me! I like the "reason behind the season" but to most it is just a formality.
I loved getting to learn about the real story about Jesus and the promises he gave to us.
If you have kids I strongly recommend purchasing these fabulous eggs or being creative and making them on your own.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

i concur . . .

Cari said...

I am not fond of the whole easter bunny thing either. My kids never get an easter basket. My hubby's family does an egg hunt the Sunday before Easter and my family does one the Sunday after Easter, so there are no eggs or baskets of candy on Easter day in this house. I have the resurrection eggs you were talking about, they are cool.

Keym said...

That is probably what we will do once we have kids. Those eggs are super cool. Besides not having candy will save us some cash!