Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chi-Town

So -V-, Nate and I went to Chicago today. It was an exciting and fun trip! We took a train from Hammond Indiana into downtown Chicago.We hit Navy Pier and then the Magnificent Mile. While heading down to the pier someone said "Hey, I know you people" We all turned and saw an acquaintance from High School who now lives in Chicago.
Small World, really small world.
This happened on our Honey Moon in Cancun. We didn't know the people but they were from Muncie and recognized Nate's Ball State sweat shirt.
Small world indeed
Anyway we snapped lots of photos on -V-'s camera (ours likes to eat batteries so they were dead) and did some shopping.I like to get lost in bookstores so we hit Borders, *side note, I really wish we had one of these in the big city of Muncie* and I caved and finally bought the first book in the Twilight series and also bought my dad a book by Bill Cosby since we are heading down to visit him. Nate hit up Express and got some great deals. They just happened to be having a BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF the ENTIRE store. Then it was a mad dash back down the Magnificent Mile (which I might add I think is WAY longer than a mile) to make sure we made it to the Millennium train stop to go back home. If we had not made it we would have waited 2 more hours to go home.I took this photo of a random downtown Chicago Pigeon. I love them, seriously, they are like the Mafia of Chicago. They just don't care and I imagine if you make them mad....
Back on the train where we had some.....interesting males sitting in front of us.
Home and to the pool. 1 of 4 on grounds, seriously yo!
Back home, shower, drop off a movie and back for taco's!
Now it is time for TERMINATOR 2.... night all!

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Good times. And I agree, those pigeons have something going on!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had a good time. Looks like fun. I have a nephew in Chicago and I would love to visit hime sometime. I keep thinking Christmas time would be lovely. Did you have any famous Chicago pizza?

Kris Sorensen said...

Sounds like fun... enjoy yourselves.

Shelby-Grace said...

Wow! Looks like a great time!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! You have the first book of the Twilight series! I will have you know it's fantabulous. =]] I have the rest of the series if you ever want to borrow any of them.