Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WOOOOHOOOOO

Woohooo for me! I got a promotion. I am now the Assistant Branch Manager for the Muncie South Madison Old National Bank.
Not sure when I start though because my boss has her talons in me and doesn't want to let go :0)

This process was part of the emotional week. I interviewed 3 weeks ago. They finally made an offer to me last Friday around 4:30 pm! I said "I'll let you know on Monday"

I prayed, talked to Nathan and a few other people seeking guidance, then I prayed some more. At that point I really didn't know if this was what God wanted for me. In my frequent chats with "The big guy" before I even applied, I came up with a magic number. This number was it. Well they didn't offer me my magic number. So after the weekend of chatter and prayers I countered on Monday. Now you see this is the first time I have ever experienced being in a position where it truly did not matter if I did or did not get the promotion. So I had a bit of freedom. Don't get me wrong it is a sweet deal (I think) but life would not have been over had it not worked out. I actually put it all in God's hands and did not worry about it, until Sunday night. I had a minor freak out about countering. It was brief though because I gave it back to God.

So anyway, when I countered I countered for more, thinking they would come back with a lower offer but NO THEY MET MY COUNTER!

Praise Jesus!

10 comments:

Nathan said...

I'm so proud of you!!! You truly left this in God's hands and He blessed you for it!!!

Casey R. Vincent said...

Congratulations Kimberly! I am so happy for you! It looks like things are heading in a positive direction financially for you and Nathan! I know you have made a lot of sacrifices over the last couple of years to get things in order, so I hope this helps! And good for you in trusting God and having that peace! We are happy for you!

Shelby-Grace said...

Congratulations Kim!!!

--V-- said...

Saaaawwweeeeettttt!

I'm so happy for you :)

Tonya said...

Yeah!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and proud of you for seeking God's will throughout the whole process! God is good!

Keym said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keym said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keym said...

Thank you everybody! Yes Nathan and I did make a lot of sacrifices this last year and a half, not just financially but in other aspects of our life as well. We have learned so very much that has helped us grow closer together and closer to God. I thank him for giving us the guidance and letting us have a few bumps in the road.

Emily said...

YAY!

Cari said...

That is great! A promotion is always a good thing! I talked to Dwayne about lunch and we can do it Sunday, Sept. 28th. He has a meeting after church on the 21st. Will that still work for you guys?