Monday, September 01, 2008

My Loving Peadad!

This holiday weekend was bittersweet. We had a great time with Cobi and the Pinkerton's but this holiday weekend also marked the 1st year anniversary of the death of my dog Peadad.
He passed away in my arms as I was rushing to the vehicle to take him to the emergency vet because he was having trouble breathing. I sat in my mothers drive way holding his limp body crying "Please please don't die"

I loved him so very much. I got him my freshman year while living with my dad in Tennessee. We rescued him from death row, literally, he was just a few short hours away from the dark abyss. He was my rock, the only love I felt I had that very long year. My parents were divorced my 8th grade year so I was going through a lot. Peadad made it bearable.

When Nathan and I got together he learned to love Peadad too. When we moved in together Nathan quickly learned where Peadad's status was in our house. He was my son, our son. So after 10 brief years Peadad died. It was horrible. I still cry because I loved him so very much. Some may think I am silly but until you experience that unconditional love that an animal can provide you will never know what it feels like. So silly or not here is a slide show of just a few pictures of my beloved Peadad. Please take a moment to see them.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

I loved Peadad so much! I will never forget his corn-chip smelling feet, sticking into my back at night, like some kind of sweet little pigopossum!

Sue said...

I am sorry that you lost Peadad! I know how it feels to love an animal so much they become a member of the family!

Tonya said...

I'm sorry Kimberley, that's tough. You can come spoil my dog anytime you want if that will make you feel a little better!

--V-- said...

What a handsome man! I love the picture of him where he's smiling :)

Unknown said...

Pets are wonderful and I totally understand your sadness. I don't think your silly at all.

Keym said...

Thanks everybody! A special thanks to -V- for noticing how handsome Peadad was!