Sunday, August 31, 2008

Duck Tape EXTRAVAGANZA!

Tonight at the Teshuva we had a Duck Tape Extravaganza!
Totally awesome, you see Pink bought 50 NIV bibles for the youth to go mad crazy with multi colored duck tape on. And it worked. At the start of both the slam and crash I gave a brief "teaching of the tape" if you will and then they jumped in. The kids really got into it and had a blast! Our hope is that they will actually start bringing their bibles to youth. HINT HINT ;0)

Earlier in the day Nathan accompanied me to my family reunion picnic. *snooze fest* We had some good food but then it was like....."Now what? We don't really know these people!" HAHA... I know that we are supposed to get to know them at THE FAMILY REUNION but seriously!? We have nothing in common with these people except a FEW genes. So after a bit o time outside visiting with the ones we know Nate and I bolted to Youth. Sure we were an hour early but I was pretty content with chilling in the AC of my car. The longer I sat outside the more my allergies progressed. It wasn't long before I was talking through my nose (unavoidable) so the AC in my sweet Aztek hit the spot. No more pollen.

Then the DUCK TAPE EXTRAVAGANZA

Then we went to see Aaron and Melissa Black and BABY BRAYLON! YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS AARON, MELISSA AND AUDREY!! Baby Braylon is adorable and he has some fantastic hair and some cheeks!
When we got there Audrey said "Hey Kimmie" how simply cute! Then she promptly asked "Is that your bag? What's in it?" So I got to give her the good news that Nate and I brought them some snacks. Man o man I know how to score some points with the kids :0)

I had a proud moment when I was holding Braylon, he started to get fussy and I stood up and did the butt pat while swaying and he calmed right down.... you know this may be a sign that I may have some skills. :0)

1 comment:

Nathan said...

The Duck Tape extravaganza: definitely fun!

Family reunion: not so much! However, there were a couple cool people to talk to.

I am so excited about Baby Braylon! He is adorable and so fortunate to be born into that wonderful family!

I did notice the baby skills you had going on. Kinda made me think about . . .