Thursday, August 07, 2008

*smile*

I just wrote our compassion child -Brigida- online. It was such an amazing thing to open the mailbox and get our first letter from her. I felt that I loved her after reading the first letter. How is this possible? God, that is how.
Nathan and I started out that day saying "No we just can't afford $32.00 a month" but when Shaun Groves was singing I looked at Nate and he looked at me and we raised our hand to receive a packet, and boy did Margy give us a good one.
Brigida is 6 and she is adorable! She has the most beautiful carmel skin and dark hair and she was standing with her hands on her hips looking a little sassy! I looked at Nate and we both had tears in our eyes, I think we might have fell in love with her that minute. Nate told me she looked like she belonged to me with that sass! He is right, I believe when I was 4 my dad took a picture of me in almost that exact same pose!
It took us awhile but I think after writing this first letter and seeing how easy it was to do online Brigida can look forward to many letters from us in the future!
If you do not sponsor a child you really should think about it. It is one of the more rewarding things I have done.

No comments: