Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1st time for everything

So there is a first time for everything....
I have always had issues with letting things go, not in the sense that I can't drop an argument or can't forgive but in the sense that I harbor things on the inside. I worry about things I can not control or change. I don't focus on other people's problems or their potential to be better but just on me.
So there is a first time for everything. There is some "stuff" going on at work. I have a couple of opportunities and I was feeling really good about one. Almost a little too confident. Well I found out today that I have competition....*insert dramatic music here*
Normally I would freak about this and worry worry worry worry worry worry worry worry worry .... you get the picture?
But this time I actually did what I should do, I took every opportunity I had and did the right things. The rest I am leaving up to God..... I KNOW RIGHT! I almost couldn't believe it either.
You see I was on lunch the other day and I thought about the situation and.....nothing.... yup nothing. I realized that the enormity of the situation was not bothering me in the least.
"How can this be? Our futures are on the line here?" but I handled it correct from the start by giving it to God.
You see I believe that when one door closes a few more open, Always a silver lining in EVERY cloud, When life gives you a lemon you make lemonade, Don't sweat the small stuff and well it is all small stuff, and the most important one Give it all to God, who's better to handle your problems?
So I did and no worries. It was as simple as that. What ever happens will happen and it will be Ok. God has a plan.

2 comments:

Coby said...

That's awesome, Kim! Keep it up! =]

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! I'm learning this in a big way right now. God is in control and He will do what is best for us.