Tuesday, September 08, 2009

You suck!

Yes that is right You suck! That is basically what my boss told me today.
I think from the minute I walked in the door today I must have had a sign on my face that said "Please attack me emotionally today, I enjoy it!"
With in the first 3 minutes she jumped on me and stayed there until she left for lunch. She even made me cry... (gasp and insert dramatic music here bom bom boooommm)
I sometimes cry easily however NOT a work.
Long story short: I made a teller mad and she retaliated which gave my boss the ammo she needed to pull attention away from herself. In the conversation she said "I can't coach you on your personality you have to change that yourself, your personality stinks and it needs to change"
That is worse than hearing "You are not doing you job"
I mean my personality....really??
What was really heartbreaking is that I try to be Christ like all the time especially at work because it is such a spiritual battle field and I really really really try to bleed God's love on others with out being a Bible Thumper and today after she said that I thought "What am I doing? Obviously not God's work if this is how it turns out" so I was distraught.
Tonight my good friend MO as she is listed in my phone called and we chatted for 30 minutes which is HUGH for us because neither of us really like talking on the phone that much.
She said that Satan is attacking where he can and if he can just get me to shut up he will succeed in his efforts.
BING! A light bulb came on over my head.
That is exactly what I was going to do.
IDIOT! (You must say this drawn out and in Renn's voice)
I was going to let the prince of darkness win. I was feeling so low that I thought I will just keep my mouth shut and say the bare minimum to everyone from now on.
The teller that retaliated against me was a teller I just recently wrote a recommendation letter for and surprise she received a scholarship for school because of it and I also spent countless hours on the phone and multiple emails trying to find her a paid internship at ONB which I did! So it really hurt that she would be such a witch.
At last because of my great friends who all love God, I will be heading to the battle field again tomorrow fighting battles for God's glory and wearing his armor.

Galatians 5:21-23
(NIV) 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Ephesians 6: 14-17 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

BAM! TAKE THAT SATAN!
As my good friend PK would say "KICK SATAN IN THE COOKIES!

4 comments:

mike said...

Wow, that sounds like one of my days at work. Some days the attacks are never ending. I always have to remind myself that I must be doing something right that I'm being attacked in such a way. Anything to get me to give up and leave that place and stop shining the light of Christ. Anything to get me to lose my witness and start chopping heads off. When I first dealt with this at work my first thought was to kill them all. But then the Lord said kill them with kindness and love.

Unknown said...

Keym, I love this post! It was just what I needed to read this morning. You and Mike are absolutely right! Jesus said in John 15:18 If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. Plus there are several wonderful scriptures about persecution that can be found in your concordance. Today I go face to face with someone who has persecuted me, so it was great to be reminded that their hate is not about me but about their spiritual darkness. (it's a long story) Anyways, reading your post was a God thing for me. Just what I needed to be reminded of today.

Good luck to you..and let your LIGHT SHINE SISTER!

Kristin said...

It's difficult to handle criticism, especially when it's so personal. However, look at the person giving it - chances are they're not very happy and they're simply looking for a place to push that unhappiness off on. Misery really does love company.

That's why I love how you're looking at the situation. Don't join in the Misery Company, instead stick to being you. If you're shining, you may just break through her darkness. And what a wonderful triumph that would be!

Keym said...

Thanks guys for your awesome comments!