Thursday, September 10, 2009

Technology!


We are having a Mexican food carry in tomorrow at work and I signed up to take in 2lbs of taco meat. On my way home at 9pm tonight I remembered that I only had 1lb of hamburger thawed out. I stopped by Marsh to grab another pound and when I made it to the check out the cashier was talking to a woman about her receipt. She looked up at me with out a greeting and walked away with the woman. I thought "OOOOOOk I probably would have said I will be right with you but what ev I will just glance at the magazines until she gets back" Since it was kinda of late she was the only cashier. When she came back she started ringing up my purchases, I went back to the actual check out line and gave her my Marsh card. My bill went from $27 to $12! Wooohooo for my Marsh discount card. I laid my phone down to get out my debit card, below is what happened next:
Cashier: "Is that a CELL PHONE with a CAMERA?" while leaning down inspecting it in awe.
Me: I paused for a moment thinking "Don't all cell phones have camera's now???" and "Is she serious?" Oh my friends she was VERY serious. I said "Yeah it is"
Cashier: "That is WEIRD!" as in I can't believe that there is a cell phone with a camera in it!
Me: In my thought bubble "What rock has she been under?" I really wanted to say something like "I know right! It is amazing what kinds of things they can do with technology theseadays, I mean what will they think of next.... maybe the INTERNET on cell phones or the ability to play music on cell phones!"
I didn't really say any of those things but I did kinda think them :0)
Shame Shame Shame on me!

1 comment:

Kris Sorensen said...

No - you have every right to think that. It's like we are in the stinkin' twilight zone.

We are thinking about taking Shelby bowling for the first time tomorrow - so I get on the internet to find a web page for a bowling alley in Muncie. Evidently every bowling alley in Muncie is not aware that people use this new thing called the "internet" to search for information. Websites for a place of business!? Cameras on cell phones!?