Sunday, June 08, 2008

Bloggers Block!

So no post since May 28th! I know what a looooooooser :0) I think I have a severe case of Bloggers Block! Any ideas on how to overcome it are welcomed. Actually people, please help.


So today was a great day. I almost was struck by lightning while sitting at my desk, the phone exploded in my ear! But after that the day really was a great day and even the minor set back of almost being struck by lighting was an extra excitement to kick start my day. Nathan and I went to Indy to spend the day at a BBQ birthday party for a relative of mine who turned 50. This person is a super guy, he and his family really mean a lot to us. We ended up visiting a LOT longer than originally planned so we didn't leave Indy until midnight. On the way home I got a call from some friends from work. They were having a party and wanted me to stop by. This is not the kind of party that I would normally frequent! I started out with a no but I caved and I went, I just felt like I NEEDED to make an appearance. I did not "party" but I chilled for about an hour and a half with the "party" animals. Long story short I ended up being able to witness about our AWESOME GOD to one of my peeps and God used me to be a support for another of my peeps who is in a very bad situation. I was able to make a connection to my Marvelous friend Marva Rhea to get a point across. No I did not solve the peep's problem or convince my peep of what the peep should do but I did plant a seed a seed that I feel will grow. Good things are going to happen. I felt the urge and I responded, isn't it funny that God can take you places and help you achieve things that you never thought possible!? My idea of a party is Friends, food, AC, and the Wii! Let me just say... only friends were involved in this party. Thank you God for giving me the strength to answer your call, to be able to travel into an unknown, to have the courage to brag about you, to say no when I know something is wrong or would not glorify you, to be able to be a rock in a hard situation that hits far too close to home, to be able to go to bed at 3:45 am and still wake up and get to church in the morning *side note* maybe not on time :0) THANK YOU GOD! I love you.

5 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

so glad that God was able to use you in that situation! Joey would give you a huge pound! Way to go! -Mindy

Kris Sorensen said...

Looks to me like your "bloggers block" is over. Great post. I'm glad you were able to be a witness of God's love. + it was good to see you at church this morning :-)


Regarding bloggers block: http://www.problogger.net/battling-bloggers-block/

Nathan said...

I'm proud of you! Going to an ungodly place, with people doing ungodly things, but still being able to shine His light. AMAZING!

--V-- said...

Hmmmm. Blogger's block. Glad you're working through it :)

Keym said...

Kris thanks for sharing the info on how to avoid this unfortunate tragedy.
Mindy and Nate thanks for the moral support and praise!
-V- Thanks for noticing!