Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vacation.....kinda...

So Nathan and I made it safely to Tennessee with a pit stop to Chick-fil-A in Murfreesboro. You can read all about our trip down by going on Nates blog. We had a minor hair crisis this morning but all is better now.
Seriously I am sure that some of you are laughing at me right now but it was a crisis folks! When we were packing I realized that I only had liter size of my PROFESSIONAL shampoo and conditioner and I was running out of hair spray so I told Nate that we would just stop by the supply store on our way out of town. Well....we forgot.
I get in the shower today and realize when I reach for my shampoo & conditioner that I was a doofus and didn't bring any. Nathan said "Just put your hair up and we will get some after lunch" The problem was that I had already wet my hair down.
I don't have normal hair. It is EXTREMELY curly and has bleach in it = unmanageable, tangled mess. The last time I didn't have my products I almost had to cut my hair off because I couldn't get a comb through it. NO JOKE.
So Nate goes in search of shampoo & conditioner. My brother uses a razor on his head so he doesn't have any hair products in his bathroom. Nate brings back SUAVE 2 IN 1 from Katie & Steph's bathroom. (It was all he could find)
WHAT!?!?
As I am trying not to have a breakdown I attempt to wash & condition my hair with this trash.
*SIDE NOTE, Under NO circumstances can a product cleanse (removal of junk from hair shaft) and condition (replacement of nutrients back into hair shaft) It just can't happen people, it just can't*
I attempted to comb out my hair while spending 40 minutes calling around trying to find a professional beauty supply store and then threw it up in a pony tail.
We ate lunch in the Bluff View Art District of downtown Chattanooga, and then headed to my brothers work place. Mick's (my brother) work bought a hotel that was built in 1909. The down stairs is a computer data thingie but the 2nd and 3rd floors are the original hotel. It was crazy awesome getting to explore it. It was so beautiful, the staircase was my dream staircase. It needs some work since it has been there since 1909 but who cares!
Our camera died so Nate didn't get any great pictures but there is always tomorrow.
We went to State Beauty Supply and TADAAAAA I bought what I needed. We went back to Mick's and Nathan and I showered for the 2nd time in just a few short hours. My hair no longer feels gummy when it is dry and slimy when it is wet. I got a comb through it in just 1.5 minutes if that long! Praise GOD for the small things!!

And I checked my grades....4.0 for this last semester. Woot Woot!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

thank God for miracles ;o)

Sue said...

So what IS the name of this miracle product?????

--V-- said...

i love that even in crisis you were still able to keep your wits about you and lecture on the importance of good hair products :D