Monday, December 08, 2008

So Blessed

Nathan and I are going to Jamaica in January 2009 on a mission’s trip with Farmland Friends Church.
Nathan went to New Orleans this past summer on a mission’s trip and he loved it. He came back on fire for God and ready for another trip.
I am a little more apprehensive.
The Jamaica trip isn't free. We have to raise our funds and I was having trouble not worrying about it. After much prayer and asking someone totally awesome to pray also (They offered to take prayer requests on their blog...how awesome is that!?!) I turned it over to God.
This Sunday while Nathan and I were on stage doing a run through for worship, Pastor Marggy picked up my purse and put an envelope in it. I checked it out later and found some cash in it for our mission’s trip to Jamaica. It was an anonymous donation (not to mention the 1st donation) that still brings tears to my eyes. I put my trust in God and he opened the flood gates. How simple.
We are no where near the amount that we need yet but I have faith that with what we have saved and what donations will be coming in (through the grace of God) that the financial status of this trip will be A-OK!
So I want to say THANK YOU to whomever it was that gave us our first donation. The blessing that you have bestowed upon us has forever touched our hearts.

If any of you blog stalkers would like to contribute to the SEND NATHAN AND KIMBERLY TO JAMAICA FUND just make a cash donation (any amount helps) or make checks payable to CSI Ministries and put our names in the memo line. You can mail it to CSI here in Muncie or you can give it to us personally *we prefer this so we can thank you in person :0)* or if you would like to remain anonymous then pass it on to someone who works at FFC and they will make sure we get it!

So long story wrap up, we were so very blessed this Sunday by someone's generous giving heart. Thank you again whoever you are!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Yes. HUGE thanks!

--V-- said...

That is so awesome!! Yayay!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!