Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Oh Winnie...

I have wasted soooo much time today, well only after I got home from taking Winnie to the vet this morning.
She had to fast last night so she could have blood work done to determine if she has diabetes.
I am torn right now because I am not sure what I want the results to be. If it comes back positive for feline diabetes that means she will have to see a new vet and stay for 2 or 3 days to have her insulin adjusted to the correct amount. That means I will be shelling out cash for insulin for my cat! and giving her a shot every day.
If it comes back negative then that means she just likes to urinate on the carpet. The first two places we lived with her the carpet was ruined BEFORE WE MOVED IN by the animals that lived there before us. I chalked her urination up to the smelly carpet, but this apartment had brand new carpet put in before we moved in. I feel like we spend all of our time cleaning it now.
Someone suggested that I just "put her down" :0/
Not funny
She is one of our kids, if I have to shell out the bucks to keep her healthy then that is what I will do, you don't just adopt a pet only to throw it to the curb when they have a few issues. People are so bizarre!
but... we can't be having her pee everywhere when we have children crawling around.
Ugh
What to do what to do?

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Sorry about Winnie. But I know how you feel. When Caedmon was having his issues, I could never think of getting rid of him. Hopefully it is just a "peeing" issue and one that can be taken care of inexpensively!

Keym said...

Thanks Tammy. It is nice to know that someone understands you just can't abandon your loved pet.