Thursday, July 10, 2008

Countdown is on....

So MoCash's baby shower is just roughly 36 hours away. The countdown is on! JMe has been totally awesome in helping me make this shower happen. I have learned a few things in this process though...
~People don't get the RSVP thing, that's ok though we planned ahead
~People don't get the registry thing, but hey whatever a gift is a gift (no really all gifts accepted) :0)
~JMe is meticulous just like me, thank you Jesus
~You need a partner in crime so when your backbone is MIA you can use theirs
~2 people planning a shower is fun, 3 is a party, 4 though is just ridiculous
~When it comes to spending a little extra to have something a little better or cutting a few corners to save some cash DON'T BE CHEAP. If you won't shell out the dough don't bother offering to throw a shower.
~When the countdown starts it's crunch time, the best time to get everything done
~Bumps happen, BIG BUMPS, if life gives you a lemon make lemonade or add a twist to your water
~Creativity is fun.... not a chore
~Finding great discounts is exhilarating and rewarding
~You get to spend time with totally awesome people doing really fun things like embossing
~Knowing you are doing something cool for a friend....priceless

We love you Melissa and hope your shower turns out FANTASTIC

7 comments:

Nathan said...

You definitely have a gift for organizing these kinds of things. It's great to see you bless people in this way and to see how much fun you have doing it! LUVU!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for showers! You are awesome because you are the main mastermind - with crazy good ideas! This has been fun! We should plan another one together sometime... Haha! What's your schedule look like next week?

Mommy pfohl said...

Man, let me know how it goes! I so much wish that I could come! Too many schedule conflicts! Hope it is awesome! -Mindy

Anonymous said...

I owe both of you a huge THANK YOU! It is nice to have friends that feel the birth of our son is as important to them as it is to Aaron and I. I have learned a few things myself:

*JMe and Kim are much more meticulous than I
*If ever throwing a shower for either one,I will have to step it up a notch
*I can let others make and execute plans without being involved (this has been difficult)
*I have wonderful friends (I already knew that but this has been a great reminder!)
Thank you both being so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The shower was wonderful!
I felt pampered and spoiled! I also received some great gifts! Thank you to everyone!
Melissa

--V-- said...

All wonderful life lessons :)

Tonya said...

I just want to tell you how excited I am for my shower. Here is what I am feeling right now:

Yahoowieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You guys are awesome!