Sunday, August 30, 2009

Warning! Frozen Hot Dogs.


At youth group we usually have hot dog's as one of our main foods for the kids. Today all of the Ball Parks were frozen so I ran a block of frozen hot dogs under the tepid water to break them apart so I could cook them on the hot dog cooker.
Enter the hazard...
As I was trying to break them apart my fingers slipped on some particulary stubborn hot dogs that were refusing to break loose. When my fingers slipped I really hurt the middle finger of my left hand. It did that thing where you hit something with a lot of momentum and the skin that is normally attached to your finger keeps moving but your nail stays put.
Yeah... ouch.
I didn't rip my nail off or anything disgusting like that, I didn't even bleed but I did pull the skin apart from my nail just a little bit. So I now am sporting 2 bruise marks under my nail and my finger really really hurts.
Oh the things I do for the youth! Who knew frozen hot dogs could be so hazardeous?
Perhaps they should come with a warning.

1 comment:

--V-- said...

I gagged twice reading this.

That is all.