Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh Me Oh My

I was a poor witness tonight.
Nathan's cousin Collins passed away today. He was only 15.
We went to the family's house because Nathan has a deep history with them.

I should have stayed home.

I am very sorry for their loss but I do not mourn for Collins. He is free now. Free from the crazy that life spun at him. He can walk, talk, run, dance, sing and praise our WONDERFUL God.
He is home.

Collins had a difficult life.
He couldn't move, speak, focus his eyes, eat, etc.... Nothing.
He existed.
His parents thought that they were doing what was best for him and maybe they were. People are entitled to their own opinion and I have one.

Opinions are like buttholes.... everyone's got one :0)

They are older and could not lift Collins and give him the proper care he needed but they could not sacrifice and place him in assisted living or a group home either.
I can't say that I blame them, if I was faced with the same situation I have no clue what I would do. I would like to think that I know what I would do but...

It is easy as an outsider to say "Well if that were me, I would blah blah blah"

Yup easy to say what you would do, but you just never know until you are faced with that particular situation.

Anyway there we were and I remembered exactly why we do not really hang around these people. They are so self absorbed.

There was enough smoke in that house to make it a bar.

Oh and here's a real treat...

Another cousin, is 8 months pregnant with her 2nd baby was SMOKING!
Now if you followed me when I first started twittering I was furious one night because this same person, pregnant with the same baby, was SMOKING and DRINKING.

Yup read it again...

Yet everyone acts like its OK... "Well, she's smoking Marlboro Lites!"
"Oh, excuse me, I guess I didn't see the LITE part above the Surgeon Generals WARNING!"
.
.
.
.

Ya know it also kinda bugs me when people say "You have/had nothing to feel guilty about..."

Really?

Hum...if it is necessary for you to point it out, out of the blue mind you then ya know, maybe, just maybe there is a reason to feel guilty....

Perhaps that is just me and my philosophy!?!?

There are a few funny parts, you see with this family here is a basic equation:

Celebration= Fry something up
Tragedy=Fry something up
Rain= Fry something up
Holiday= Fry something up
Sun Shining= Fry something up
Nothing to do= Fry something up

They love to deep fry things, lots of things, well actually ANYTHING.
They deep fried a hotdog for me once :0/
Tonight they were deep frying steaks...WHOLE steaks...
and they were talking about putting syrup over corn chips and baking them.

What? Who does that?

When I stepped out of the vehicle 30ft away from their house I could actually smell the grease from inside the house.
I thought I was gonna hurl on their lawn, yeah for me I kept it in!

These are just a few examples of some of the crap that went on tonight.
I hate when people jump on the TRAGIC BANDWAGON, I am NOT one of those people. Seriously you can touch base with them, feel for them, help them, pray for them but you don't have to immerse yourself in the tragedy and make it your own.
Get a clue people

So yeah, I was a terrible witness, I was negative on Twitter, I could not say a whole lot, there is some rule to life...
"If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all"
So sorry Tweets that you had to read my complaining.

It is sad that someone passed away, but it is even more sad that people want to make it an event of themselves and the person who passed gets lost in the fight to claim the attention.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Thanks for the support today.

Now go fry me something ;o)

Sue said...

Keym,

I am sorry for your and Nate's loss. It IS hard when family just don't get it, isn't it? Reminds me of my first husband's family...I loved each and every one of them so much...still do, but they didn't take care of themselves very well. And as far as their spiritual well being goes...that was heartbreaking as well. All we can do is pray when people won't listen...and be there and ready if and when they do.

Shelby-Grace said...

Ok, I enjoyed reading your thoughts about today. I am right there with you when I see a pregnant persson smoking or drinking or both! But I cracked up over your butthole comment!! I have never heard that statement with that word! I always knew it as, "everyone has a bellybutton!" I think I might start using yours and and see what happens:)