Sunday, July 26, 2009

Belfast!!!!

So Nathan and I made it safely to Ireland! Woohooo, this place is beautiful.
I was in the country for about 45 minutes when I learned my first valuable lesson.
The Taylor University soccer team is also staying at Murlough house and they just happened to be on our plane. We were instructed by Richie (I am referring to him as our Ireland tour guide) to follow the lads and get on the same private coach to get to Murlough house. They were detained at customs because they didn't give the officers a satisfying answer as to why they were in Ireland. Apparently training for soccer wasn't good enough. We were almost detained with them because we are staying at the same place! We made it through and went downstairs to claim our luggage *this is where I learned my lesson* I had to use the "facilities" because lets face it airplane bathrooms even on a 757 are not spacious and you almost have to perform acrobats to pee!
So Nate points out that there is a bathroom to the right of us. I look and see a door to the left of the bathroom door *logically one would think 1 is the men's and 1 is the women's* so I am delirious mind you because it is around 4 a.m. Indiana time and I didn't sleep on either plane ride. I stumble past the group of airport workers and to the bathroom. Mind you we have been traveling non stop in the air for like 7 hours so my ankles are really kankles at this point. I open the bathroom door only to be greeted by a urinal?????
No one was at the urinal THANK GOODNESS but I assess my surroundings and at first *Hello I'm still delirious* think "Weird! Why would Ireland have urinals in the women's restroom?"
So I take a small step back because I am still in the door way and take a closer look at the stick figure on the door.
Oops! This stick figure is NOT wearing a dress.
I turn around to make a hasty exit and one of the women are pointing at the women's restroom (NOT next door to the men's but WAY on the other side of the room.

Lesson #1 in Ireland: Always pay attention to the stick figures attire!
*yes I know you think I would already know this* :0)

My friend V landed in Dublin a few years ago and she said that the bathrooms smelled good. FYI the bathrooms at the Belfast airport DO NOT SMELL GOOD.

More to come this week on Ireland so keep checking back!
Did I mention that this place is BEAUTIFUL!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! I totally get the kankle thing and those bathrooms are ridiculous. I'm glad you guys made it safe and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Blessings!

Blacky said...

Yeah, you made it! I understand after several hours of lack of sleep and traveling, you confused a ladies stick figure skirt with a kilt, thinking the guys RR must be for you:) We will be praying for you and look forward to more blog posts!

Melissa (under Aaron's name, to lazy to log him out)

Kate said...

Glad to hear you made it! Have a great time :)

Sue said...

So glad for you and Nate to be experiencing this together! What a blessing! Can't wait to hear more about everything. God bless you both.

(PS See Nate's comment page)

Kris Sorensen said...

keep making memories
=)

--V-- said...

super glad you made it safely! bummer about the bathroom. i'm not sure what to think of ireland now.